Tuesday 15 October 2013

My teeny tiny M.A.C collection.

Even though, I'm a self proclaimed drugstore lover. I love make up and beauty. Full stop. So there is a point where my will power fails and I cave in and buy higher end products. Purely because of the fact that I want to see what's out there. 
MAC is obviously a well known brand which is famously good quality, so if I was to splash out now and again. It's going to be on MAC, but bare with. My collection is tinnnnyyy! 

1) My first product is the one, out of my 3 MAC products which I've had for agggeess!


My blush is Springsheen and is by far my favourite blush I own. I've had this blush since my 15th birthday. Now baring in mind I'm 18 in January, the fact that I've used this blush on a daily basis ever since I've had it and I still have a fair amount left. Is very impressive. 


Even though this product is currently around the £18 mark, and can be seen as quiet pricey. However it has lasted me every well because of the pigmentation, for every use on a brush you only need the slightest amount. I'm defiantly going to invest in another MAC blush as absolutely no drug store blush would ever last this long. 


Love love love this blush. It's such a pretty pink with subtle gold sparkles in it. Soooo nice. Defiantly recommend it. 

2) Now for my most recent purchases and one MAC's most famous products. Lipsticks.


My first lipstick is 'chatterbox', for a while there was a hype about this lipstick because of its easy wearability. I would describe it as a muted bright pink which is easily wearable for everyday make up. 


Chatterbox is an amplified creme lipstick so is a lovely moisturising formula. MAC lipsticks are obviously well known for the great pigmentation so it does take a while to wear down the whole lipstick. With a blue undertone the only downside is that on some people, it can emphasis yellow teeth, but for most people it is fine. 



3) Finally but defiantly not least is 'modesty'. As I have a bright-ish colour I really wanted a nude to add to my collection. There are so many famous nudes from MAC such as 'Hue' and 'Creme de Nude'. The colour 'Modesty' that I've been eyeing up for a while, the YouTuber/beauty blogger Beauty Crush has been raving about this colour all summer.



I would describe this colour as a deep Rosie colour. When I first bought it, I was very unsure because I thought it was brown, however with a closer look and on the lips there is more of a peachy:pink tone to it. Which makes it really nice and subtle to wear casually on a daily basis. A plus, with this lipstick is also that this is a yellow based tone lipstick which enhances the whiteness in teeth unlike 'Chatterbox'.




As 'Modesty' is a creme sheen and not an amplified creme it has more of a glossy finish but is still just as pigmented and moisturising as 'Chatterbox'. Yes, £15 for a lipstick is a steep price. But the way I saw it was that it's more like an investment which will give value and last where other lipsticks that are £1-£6 may not offer this. 

Go for it. Cave in. Purchase some MAC. Because even though it's pricey, there is reason behind the hype and if you are starting to get properly into make up and want to move up end. Then MAC is the way forward. 



My cat even took interest in my MAC. That says it all.

Laura xo


No comments :

Post a Comment