Saturday 12 October 2013

Review: Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencils

As a person who suffers from annoying oily eyelids when I found the Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream eyeshadows, I have been crazy in love with them. The only disappointment I got from the Colour Tattoos were the colour range, I love the 'On and On Bronze' and the 'Taupe' colours but they are quiet dark. When I want to do a lighter look for on the eyes, its difficult to find a base which i know will last all day. 

Vanilla Sky at the Back, Vintage Blush at the Front
So I have been on the hunt. I know some brands such as Clinque have their eye shadow chubby sticks which have been raved about on the web, but the drugstore princess i am, I've been keen to find an alternative. That, my friends, is when I came across the Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Pencils.

Once again, i have fallen head over heels with a product. These pencils are sooo good i can not emphasize enough and at the price of £3 each, its hard to go wrong.
Vintage Blush - Left, Vanilla Sky - Right
(Excuse my UGLY hands)
The texture of the pencils themselves are so creamy and the colour pay off is beautiful. The texture also makes them incredible easy to work with and very blendable.

The packaging claims the pencils to be long lasting and waterproof. Now I have tried these out a couple of times and they do last a good length of time considering the price. Unfortunately however, i have yet to test out the water endurance of these products, so for the claim of being waterproof, i am still not sure on.

Left - Vanilla Sky, Right - Vintage Blush
Nevertheless, I have been successful in my mission to find a cheaper alternative to some of the higher end eye shadow pencils and I'm extremely proud of my purchase, if i do say so myself.

Laura xo

No comments :

Post a Comment