Wednesday 31 July 2013

My 10 favourite lip products

okay, so recently I've been sorting and organising my make up and realised that I have many lip products and thought my 10 favourite would make a good blog post, so off we go.

These are in no particular order as I can't pick my absolute favourites but out of my collection these are my favourites. 

1) my first is the Rimmel Apocalips and I have it in the colour 101 celestial. These lip stains/lip glosses have been raved about by many bloggers and youtubers! They are highly pigmented and last for ages and as a bonus are available in most drugstores at a really reasonable price of £5.99 (which is what I paid). The only disadvantages to this product is the smell. Anyone who has tested these products or the Rimmel lipsticks will recognise the distinctive smell of the products. The smell is very sweet and if over used, can make me, personally, feel a little sick. But this is only my personal opinion. Apart from that the formulae and lasting finish of the Apocalips lip lacquers is impeccable. Also a disclaimer with this product is, as it is also a stain, be very careful when applying it because it can stain skin!
2) my second favourite is my darkest lip colour I own! Lipstick 160 by Barry m is a dark cherry colour. Wearing this product makes anyone's teeth look whiter due to the blue undertone and lasts for ages! I recommend anyone to use it with a liner as it can tend to bleed but apart from that it is great. At a price of £4.49 from superdrug it's a great product and I recommend to any brunettes. 
3) my next favourite of all time is a lip balm famous for solving dry lips! Burt's bees lip balm is a great lip balm which solves any dry lip because of its natural ingredients. I originally bought this because my mum kept nagging at me to buy a lip balm with natural ingredients instead of products such as Vaseline which have a ingredient in them which helps makes your lips addicted to the product without solving any issues. Some may say that £4.19 is a high end price for lip balm but I think it is completely worth it! In the UK Burt's Bees are quite hard to find but the supermarket waitrose does a wide range of Burt bees products
4) my next product is the first lip gloss of all my favourites and the most unknown product. For Christmas my sister bought me a Lula and Belle make up set, which included a wide range different make up products. Honestly, I had never heard of them before but I have fallen in love with their lip gloss as you can tell, the clear colour has turned into a peachy colour. The thing i love the most about it is the smell as it has a sense of vanilla which could be a subjective taste for some people. I don't know the retail price of this lip gloss but if you can get your hands on it I fully recommend you get it. 

5) this lipstick from Rimmel was one of the first lipsticks I bought for myself. It's a beautiful coral pink colour perfect for summer and is easy to wear casually! It's part of the Kate moss collection within the brand Rimmel London. However, similar with the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers the only disadvantage with this product is the smell which can have a tendency to be quiet sickly! But for around £5 it is great price for the formula. 
6) this is my only lip product from topshop and I love it, hence it is in my favourites. I've never gone for such a bright orange colour and was a bit sceptical at first but the colour known as "covet" is a very subtle colour for summer. the fact that it is a lip "bullet" makes it so much easier to carry round in a hand bag is just a bonus too. Some may argue that £8 is too much and some dupes could be found, but I wouldn't trade it even though it doesn't have the best lasting finish, it's a great substitute to a nude. 
7)my next 2 favourites are high end products. My first is the Clinique long lasting gloss in the colour Cabana crush. I got this particular gloss in a sample size with another product I purchased. The current retail price in the UK is £16 which I would defiantly pay after I've now tested this product out. It claims to last 16 hours which i don't quiet believe but it is very long lasting! With a hint of gold shimmer and a smooth and not sticky formula this product could be easily worn on its own as the pink pigmentation is also very high! So anyone considering purchasing a new lip gloss! Go for this one if all the things I've listed are the things you look for in a lipstick 
8) my second high end product is also by Clinique and is one of their "different lipsticks" in the colour angel. The formula is a sheer glossy red which is once again very long lasting. As you may tell from the packaging, this lipstick is very well loved and it has its reasons! At a retail price of £17 this lipstick has lasted me a year and a half and It still has life still in it and I'm going to use every last piece. 

9) These last 2 lip products are my 2 newest things on my list. This first lipstick is named "Saturn" 606 by NYX and has a slight hint of shimmer to compliment the peachy pink. The formula of the lipstick is also very nice, smooth and moisturising. At a retail price of £5 and a sale price which I bought it at of £3 I think this is an absolute bargain. 
10) finally, my last favourite lip product is also by NYX and is fairly new. This colour "frosted beige" is similar to the previous colour "Saturn" I just mentioned however his colour is more peachy and less pink with more shimmer to it. I also got this lipstick, just like the previous one, in sale at £3 but the original retail price is £5. Also similarly, the formula is smooth and moisturising and strongly recommended.  
So there we go, my 10 favourite lip products including lipsticks, lip stains, lip balms and lip glosses. Hope this was fine and not too long winded for anyone who wants to read. Please follow if you want to see anymore reviews or recommendations. My next post will be reviewing the eos lip balm! 

Laura xo

No comments :

Post a Comment