Wednesday 19 March 2014

Contour with Lipstick?!

Yes, as the title of this suggests I DO use a lipstick to contour with! This wasn't planned at all, it was an accidental purchase. After the massive hype of NYX's Taupe powder being amazing to contour with i thought i would give it a shot and order it. However my order got mixed up and when it arrived i had been given the Taupe lipstick instead of the powder.


First, i was very disappointed as i don' wear any brown lipstick. But then I watched a youtuber who suggested a lipstick as a blusher and it looked really nice and natural. In the past, it has been really difficult to bronze or contour my skin because of my fare skin - everything always seem to look muddy or orange on me. Therefore the idea of using a colour which has no orange in it appealed to me. Along with that creams work so much better on my skin than powder.

To apply i pull that stupid duck face or fish pout!


 Then blend in with my Real Techniques Contour Brush!


This for my skin tone gives such a nice natural contour which doesn't look orange or muddy because of the slight pink undertones in the brown! Would defiantly recommend it to anyone out there with fare skin like me and can't contour properly!

Laura xo

No comments :

Post a Comment