Sunday 16 March 2014

Maybelline New York - Baby Skin Review!

I'M BACK! Haven't blogged since last year! Missed it so much!

Over time, as one beauty obsessive does, Ive built up a collection of new make up which I'm extremely excited to try! So I thought why not start with a review of one of them!
Pretty recently here in the UK, around a month ago, Baby Skin primer was launched by Maybelline after the massive success of the Baby Lips and has become one of my favourite primers!


The product it self looks pretty matte when out of the packaging and glides onto the skin very well. It claims to be an 'instant pore eraser' however due to my reasonably young skin I don't have massive pores so do not notice a difference in the visibility of them. BUT, it does make my skin feel sooo soft, just like the title would suggest! 

Visibly Matte looking formula
When I use it, i find the best results are to apply it down my T-Zone in the areas that would get a bit oily throughout the day and have found it doesn't stop all shine but for a primer which doesn't actually claim to stop shine - it does pretty well. I have once or twice applied it all over the face but i found because the rest of my face is pretty dry, it just seems a waste to apply it everywhere so instead i choose to save product. So i would suggest that if you have mega oily skin and need to wear primer daily all over the skin, that this might not be best for you - because of the size and how well it stops shine. An idea for an alternative, would be to invest in a higher end product such as Smashbox which is really reliable for shine and keeping make up on and the product would last a lot longer


Currently in the UK, in the main drugstores Boots and Superdrug it prices at £7.99 which is a reasonable price. Its not impossible to find something better for cheaper. For instance, I would say that MUA's Fashionista Mattifying Primer defiantly does a similar job for a much cheaper price of £2 (on the MUA website), but doesn't give the same soft finish that Baby Skin does.

It all depends on which job you want your primer to do on your skin

Laura xo

No comments :

Post a Comment